Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 was a good year.

I'll list some eventful highlights of the year that some way or another have made a galactic amount of impact in 2009:

- Coming into 2/5, the acclaimed-to-be math class enrolling students who scored well for maths. I used to fail maths tragically in primary school so my parents were fucking proud of me until my math result for the end of year exams were crap. Expanded my social circle meeting new friends from the class especially my table mates, Grace, Shahirah, Gabrielle and Suhaili.

- Meeting Mister D. I hope you'd contact AIDS and die from an erectile dysfunction one day.

- Shuqun Symphonic Winds, now known as Shuqun Wind Orchestra, and attaining a silver for SYF. For the first time of my life, I think I wasn't trifling during the competition period. My parts were changed few weeks before the competition and I had to play seven instruments for Festal Scenes (xylophone, cymbals, sleigh bells, glockenspiel, chinese drums, toms toms and snare drum) and I felt like my body was tauted from one end to the other end of the hall. My late coming to band may be inevitable but I'm devoted to percussion wholeheartedly.

- Welcoming Danish, Kai Wen and Kenneth into the percussion section and making us progress and evolve like Pokemon as a whole section despite Sam calling us losers in front of the whole band.

- Parents winning a disclosed amount of money from 4D because of their incredible stroke of luck which bought me this little baby I'm using, my awesome Acer Aspire One notebook! But alas! We spent them all and I have nothing left but lint in my wallet.

- Picking up guitar, discovering new bands, rediscovering old bands and getting inspired all over again. Music never gets old.

Voila!

As we enter a whole new decade of 2010, approaching nearer the hype built around 2012, which is a high possibility that the apocalypse won't happen, lets all go into a euphoric fit and throw away all your old books and notes because school is starting in... Two. Fucking. Days! So stoked!!!!!

And since everyone is publishing up their New Year resolutions onto their blogs, I'll do it too just to make myself sound hip, starting my year off with five resolutions!

1. Be a better person intellectually, physically, mentally, musically and aesthetically.

2. Get. Good. Grades. Easier done than said. LOL.

3. Honing my skills musically. I've tweeted this before and I'll paste it down here: In 2010, I'll be the best female drummer in the world. Ego boost +53.9%!! Fuck yeah!!!!!

4. Be more thrifty and get a part time job.

5. Look better. I'll stop cultivating my hair, get a new hip hairstyle, lose at least ten kilograms, go thrift shopping to find better fitting clothes and occasionally, just occasionally, splurge.

Anyway. Since 2010, and in fact, every single year, it calls for a new change. I'll prove the change and revamp the whole blog. Just realised how tired I am of highlighting and skimming through the whole chunk of words whenever the starry, cosmic background of my template fuse together with the contents on my blog and camouflage altogether.

I'll just end off this post with photos of the people who summed up my life on 2009:



My bestest, bestest best friends in the whole of the universe, Vivian Yuen Xiao Tong and Lim Yun Qian!



Clique - Huili, Cassandra, Meena, Veni!



The percussion section - Danish, Reshi, Kai Wen, Kenneth, Syafiqah and me!



Faizah, Sharifah Honeystar, Shahirah, Suhaili, Shazlin, Gabrielle the sore loser, Abegail, Grace BP and some faggot in front. I miss those girls so much.



Of course, the man who inspired me to play the drums - Robert Nathaniel Corey Bryar, otherwise known as Bob Bryar. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't have spend all my pocket money on the Drumania at the arcade years ago trying to be like him. Happy belated birthday Bob.

And last but not least, as cliche as the previous sentence sounds, my family! I don't have a decent or a proper family potrait but I'll snap one soon!





So happy new year everyone!
Because I'm a beast!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: